Because let's be honest, I don't remember the last year and a half well enough to do it justice. My kids got older (significantly so when I look at my last posts), we moved again, and life got busier. I'll start with a few words about the kids:
Sabrina: Turned 8 on Saturday. I can't figure out how that happened, but it did. She is an all-star of a kid. She is quite musical and has taken to the piano quite naturally and has possible violin plans, but we'll see if they pan out. She loves to read (for multiple hours sometimes), and still acts the part of "big sister" in every regard (good and bad, at times). She does ballet, but I'm going to be honest...I'm still waiting for her to love it. (And don't pretend you don't live through your kids just a little too!) She and Lucy are confused for twins ALL THE TIME. I think Lucy is maybe an inch shorter (and their weight is the same...maybe Lucy weighs more). She 's tiny and beautiful.
Lucy: Is 5 1/2 and goes to preschool every day this year (and going to be honest again, still waiting for her to love school or anything school-related). She will start all day Kindergarten in the Fall, and I get a little bit teary-eyed when I think about it. I can stare at Lucy all day long. She has golden hair and dark eyelashes; gorgeous child. She is still very very loving with the tenderest of hearts. And she still asks about a pet at least once a week. Animals are her weakness. She takes ballet too (And, once again, I'm still waiting for her to love it! So clearly I live through more than one of my children). Once a goofball, always a goofball...still making us laugh.
Julia: Is 2 1/2 and good at it. I love hanging out with her all day long still and recently decided that I didn't need to send her to preschool just yet so she's got another year home with mom. She's so funny. We recently potty trained her and while she wasn't as fast as Lucy, she has done quite well and is quite proud of herself. She's a big girl. Don't try to tell her otherwise! She runs with smacking feet (that are slightly pigeon-toed) all over this house. She is my best eater and I'm just hoping that her sisters don't convince her to be picky. My dirtiest child by far...it adds to her spunk and character; so I let it slide more than I probably should. Her highlight of the week is a swim class she takes with Dad on Saturdays. It's super cute!
Baby: Due in ONE MONTH. I can't believe it! People keep asking if I'm ready...Nope. Not at all. I'm not prepared for life with big kids and a newborn. It's going to hit me like a train, I'm afraid. A very tired and overwhelmed train wreck is inevitable. But ready or not, she's coming! I think she's big, but it's hard to really know. This has been my hardest pregnancy by far. I feel huge, tired, and grumpy! If you all could send Paul a sympathetic email or text about living with me the last little while, he'd really appreciate it! Baby's name is Claire. Vinyl lettering already on the wall, so it's done! (see what I mean...kind of witchy!)
Other highlights of late:
Celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary!!! Couldn't have made a better choice.
Moved back to Metro DC area (8 months ago, but whatever). I left my heart in Delaware, not going to lie, but this place is growing on me (it only took 6 moves here:))
Sabrina is baptized this Saturday and we throw her Frozen bday party the next weekend. At 37 weeks pregnant it's going to be a simple affair, but I'm doing it nonetheless (crazy?! Yes.)
Just tried to add pictures...not working like it used to. I need a tutor. Or I just need to give up on this once and for all! Until next year...
1 comment:
Well, hey there! Fancy seeing you on here again so soon!
Yay for Claire! It's a good choice.
Paul, my regards to you. That wife of yours can be soooo hard to live with;)
Post a Comment