Friday, October 5, 2012

Julia is 1! (Excuse me while I sob a bit)

Today is Julia's first birthday! I cannot believe she is already 1. She got to celebrate today with Grandma and Grandpa who were in town from Utah. We did cake and presents (and a trip to Milburn Orchards...see a few posts ago) to celebrate, and while she had no idea what was going on, she is pretty naturally enthusiastic, so she loved it all!!






Julia, stop growing. I mean it, stop it!! You are just a gem of a girl. You are my most active child and while you are not yet walking (although I'd lay money on you beating your sisters at 14 to 15 months), you have no problem getting around, and you free stand rather steadily. You squirm all over my lap these days, but don't want me to put you down. You like to climb all over me. You are a happy baby generally who smiles at literally anyone who smiles at you. This makes you particularly fun to take to the store...you smile at any stranger, and it makes you easy to get a good picture of. You say hi, mama, dada, all done, uh oh, play peek a boo, dance whenever you hear music, give hugs and kisses, and love your mom most (I had to throw that in there since the other two have ALWAYS preferred dad). We couldn't love you more! Happy Happy Birthday baby girl.

The pictures are from her birthday and her first year. Gosh, that was too fast!

7 comments:

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

I am seriously shocked she's 1!!! Wow, where did that year go? Coley Bear is 2 this month, which also seems impossible.

Amy said...

You have such adorable girls! I'm glad you are enjoying Delaware. :)

Josh said...

All of your girls are so stinkin' cute. I'm glad that, despite your trepidations, you're enjoying Deleware!

Tisha and Mark said...

When K turned one, I didn't really believe it either. It seems like he has always been 15 months and now going to Nursery in December. Makes me sad because this is truly the best age. Glad your parents could be there to spend the day. :)

Natalie said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Julesy is 1?! Where did the time go? I miss that little lady.

Liz said...

Catching up on your cute posts. Your girls are spitting images of you. So fun. Enjoy Delaware!

Lindsey said...

She is a doll! Such a fun age! I wish we could just push pause!